Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Wordy Wednesday: (The) Rainbow (Connection)


Wikipedia image

Rainbow. What comes to mind when you see/hear/read that word? Do you think of a pot of gold over the rainbow? Or making a wish perhaps when seeing one? Do people actually do that or am I just imagining it or making that up?

Have you ever seen a double rainbow? Isn't it magical? (I would show you a photo of one I took years ago, but it is gone. However, you can see it on the video below.)

Rather than bore you – you can read facts about rainbows on wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow, I am going to entertain you instead, indirectly, at least. At least I hope so. I hope to! ;)

You see, I connect rainbows with my pal Kermit, Kermit the Frog that is (though I think it should be Kermit The - pronounced as thee - frog). Yes, you heard/read that right: I absolutely adore Kermit.

I actually have him and ‘Kermie’ – that’s what I call Kermit Junior – at home. Yes, you heard/read that right too! I would take a photo, but they are both hiding in my storage right now of all places, or else I would dig them both up. Perhaps another time as it’s quite a feat to go there, behind the fridge of all places, and I kid you not about that! Ok, I digress here.

I love Kermit's sense of wonder and curiosity, and most of all his expressiveness. That includes his voice! ;) And his voice does wonder to rainbows, did you know?

Have you ever heard his sweet rendition of "The Rainbow Connection?" It was the hit song for the "The Muppet Movie" according to Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow). It was not only nominated for an Academy Award for Best Song in 1979, it also reached #25 on Billboard’s "Hot 100 Singles" of all things! ;)

Oh, you are missing out I think! Okay, here’s your chance. Go ahead. Have a listen. Don't be shy.



Let me guess: you now want to know/see the lyrics in order to sing along, right?! Ok, here goes:



So tell me now, what do you think? Isn't that such a sweet song? And now your favourite rainbow song? And favourite Kermit the frog song? And favourite Muppet song? ... (Ok, I digress again!) ;) Perhaps rainbows do that to me: tickle me silly! ;)

What do rainbows do for you? How do they make you feel? What do you think of when you see one or two (a double one that is)? ;)

Written for Wordy Wednesday

6 comments:

  1. As soon as I hear rainbows, I think of rain...Rain that has almost stopped and the sunlight reappearing while the rainbows adds the cherry on top... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A delightful image Nabanita! :) I always thought of rainbows appearing when there is a sun shower (or whatever it's called) with both a bit of rain and sun! ;) <3

      Delete
  2. Awww, I love Kermie, too and that song "Rainbow Connection" is such a classic. Fun post about rainbows, Elly. It'll be a while til we see any around here now that we're in a deep freeze. My favourite Rainbow song would have to be "Somewhere over the rainbow" with Judy Garland singing of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I actually call Kermit the Frog Kermit, but his son Junior as Kermie. ;) Yes, such a great song isn't it?! And yes, I totally forgot about that song by Judy Garland...I'm sure my first exposure to rainbow songs! :) <3

      Delete
  3. I don't have a rainbow song that is close to my heart but I loved the Kermit song :) For me it just symbolizes happiness in its purest form! And of course a lot of luck for having seen it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well now, maybe Kermit's rainbow song can be close to your heart! ;) Yes, when I hear this song, it truly does make me feel happy too, but then I already love Kermit to begin with... ;) <3

      Delete